IN-CHARACTER SECTION The Stormwind Army Recruitment Application Please fill out the following below as accurately as possible in complete sentences and in your own words. If you are unable to reply with an answer, please give a brief explanation.
1. What is your full name? What is your race? Cedrick Hale, Lordaeroneon Human.
2. Where were you born? Stratholme, Market Row.
3. What is your date of birth? The present year of the Lotharian Calendar is 40 LC. May 5th 5 LC.
4. Where do you currently live? Stormwind, Dwarven District - Stonehand Mining.
5. What is your most recent occupation? Who have you worked for in the past? 13 LC - 18 LC: Market Boy. 18 LC – 20 LC: Mail boy for Postmaster Malown. 20 LC – 22 LC: Refugee (Scarlet Monastery) 22 LC – 26 LC: Scarlet Crusade soldier. 26 LC – 26 LC: Syndicate Highwayman 26 LC – 30 LC: Fishermen/Southshore Militia 30 LC – 35 LC: Ditch Digger/Miner (Thelsamar). 35 LC – 38 LC: Caravan Escort (Throughout Khaz Modan) 38 LC – 40 LC: Caravan Escort (Ironforge to Stormgarde)
6. What skills do you have to offer? -Can write/read. -Some military/militia experience. -Some woodsmen/wilderness experience. -Extensive Caravan Escort Security experience.
7. Are you physically fit to serve as a soldier? Do you have any ailments, injuries, or curses? I may be a bit old, but I believe I am physically fit to serve as a soldier. I do not have any ailments, injuries, or curses. I am allergic to nuts native to the Hinterlands.
8. Do you have a criminal record? If so, please explain your crimes and any punishments you endured. I am forever thankful to the Scarlet Monastery for taking my brother and I in after the culling. Things were peaceful for some time until I noticed some people beginning to disappear. They kept a very tight lid on things- and even though some of things they said didn’t add up, we all believed it anyways. I didn’t realize the cruelty and manipulation that was occurring until I became a soldier for the Monastery. At the direction of the High Inquisitor, I aided in the torture and killing of my countrymen. I tolerated it for years, believing we were the only humans left in all of the north- thinking I had no where else to go. The Scourge were apparently robbing our people when we went out on excursions, but rumors began to spread that the highwaymen were not of the undead. I volunteered to go out on one such excursion. Predictably, the highwaymen had ambushed us when expected, and we managed to capture some of them as prisoners. The prisoners made remarks that we were brainwashed cultists- and one of them convinced me that he’d take me to freedom- the land of the living. I didn’t know any better. The Syndicate were probably worse than the Monastery. They mostly ventured south- where we robbed Dwarves and Humans alike. Turns out- there were more of the living than I thought. It wasn’t long before I deserted the Syndicate, and fled to Southshore under the guise of a refugee. They took me in without question, and I regret that they would never know that I may have robbed some of their townsfolk in the past.
9. Who would you name as your next of kin should you perish on the battlefield? What is their relation to you? Where do they live? Vidra Hearthstove (Close friend), Stoutlager Inn- Thelsamar, Loch Modan.
10. Do you acknowledge that by enlisting in the Stormwind Army, you will be expected to swear fealty, service, and loyalty to the Kingdom of Stormwind and the House of Wrynn above all other nations and obligations? Yes.
11. Do you acknowledge that by enlisting in the Stormwind Army, you will be expected to adopt our ethos, conduct, and way of life as a disciplined soldier? Yes.
12. Do you acknowledge that by enlisting in the Stormwind Army, you may be sent to armed conflict in any part of Azeroth or beyond, with the associated risks and responsibilities involved? Yes.
13. Do you acknowledge that by enlisting in the Stormwind Army, you may be asked to take lives in the act of protecting the Kingdom of Stormwind’s interests? Yes.
14. Why do you wish to serve with the Stormwind Army? If you are not originally a subject of the kingdom, why do you wish to enlist to serve Stormwind over your homeland? I’ve dreamed of becoming a Knight since I was a boy (which is also why I was so eager to become a soldier for the Monastery). I gave up on that dream when I got to Southshore after learning that our Prince Arthas Menethil, a knight, was responsible for my home’s destruction. Vidra helped me realize the regrets I’m holding- the memories of always running away and feeling powerless has haunted me the last ten years. I want to make amends for my past by joining the Stormwind Army. I want to avenge my family by fighting the good fight- and be a part of the campaign to take back Stratholme.
15. In which Division do you wish to serve the Stormwind Army? Stormwind Royal Infantry Stormwind Constabulary Westridge Ducal Guard Brotherhood of the Horse
OUT-OF-CHARACTER SECTION The following section is out of character; the rest of the application is meant for you, the player, to answer so that we can get an idea of who you are! Please fill out the following below as accurately as possible in complete sentences and in your own words.
1. Character name (must include alt codes if applicable), race, class and level: Cedríck, Human, Warrior, level 95.
2. Where did you hear about the <The First Regiment> and why do you wish to join? I ran a criminal guild in WOTLK/CATA that I disbanded, with the closing RP event involving the SWG (Adroby) and the First Regiment. I am impressed that Maxen and the guild have continued to stay active after all these years, and I’d love to be a part of it. I’ve been RPing here and there since I came back to the game 3 weeks ago, and I can tell that I am very rusty. You guys are on-point, very well organized, and straight forward- which sounds like the best way for me to get back into RPing.
3. How old are you? <The First Regiment> does not recruit players under the age of 17. 30 years old.
4. Please give a brief summary of your role-playing experience. What, if any, role-playing guilds have you been part of? If you were a member of the regiment before, what were the circumstances of you leaving? I’ve been RPing since 2005/2006(?) via a realism server in a WWII game called Day of Defeat. Vanilla WoW pretty much took over my life after that- and I found Moonguard sometime in BC/WoTLK. I’ve been in criminal guilds, trade guilds, guard/military guilds, and even successfully ran one during WoTLK-Cata (Search “Jack Isenramm” on MG Wiki. Please excuse the grammar/typos, this is from years ago). I’ve also RP’d on ESO and LOTRO. I’ve been a member of the regiment before, and the circumstances of me leaving probably had to do with being in a relationship, college, work, IRL friends asking me to play other games, or a combination of all of the above.
5. Have you read the guild rules in full? If so, what is the guild’s policy on uniforms? Uniforms are mandatory for most guild roleplaying events. Not wearing the proper uniform or equipment at the right time may result in punishment (IC).
6. Have you read the service record page in full? If so, list five things that positively affect a person’s service record, and five things that negatively affect a person’s service record. POSITIVES: -Earning IC commendations or awards. -Attending the majority of guild campaigns. -Completing approved writing projects or guides in full. -Consistently RPing with guild members outside of events. -Providing regular assistance to other members with PVP or PVE.
NEGATIVES: -Minor IC rule violation. -Chronic IC rule violation. -Poor guild event attendance. -Serious IC violation that yields a court martial. -Chronic/serious violation of OOC rules.
7. Due to the premise of our guild, we often present our members with morally ambiguous situations in which morbid or gruesome imagery may be invoked. Your character may be ordered to kill other characters, creatures or animals. We however expressly forbid sexual violence in guild role-play. Do you acknowledge these disclaimers and expectations? Yes.
8. If there is any information about your character you would like to give us out-of-character that you could not put into the in-character application, please put it here. Are there plotlines that your character is involved in that could involve the guild?
Regarding B7: Cedrick has unresolved/unacknowledged post-traumatic stress disorder from the Culling of Stratholme. Regarding B14's hopeful remark "[...] campaign to take back Stratholme": Cedrick doesn’t realize that Stratholme is a lost cause, and genuinely believes that plans for reclamation are in the works. I'm sure he won’t ask about it since its not his position to do so- but it may come up in the future.
Seek out an officer in-game! When applications are approved a list of everybody who can interview you will be listed along with their in-game names. Using /who and typing the guild name also works as well!
Hello. i was just wondering how i can contact someone for my in-character interview.