IN-CHARACTER SECTION The Stormwind Army Recruitment Application Please fill out the following below as accurately as possible in complete sentences and in your own words. If you are unable to reply with an answer, please give a brief explanation.
1. What is your full name? What is your race? My name is Mathias Jeremiah Godwin, and I am human.
2. Where were you born? I was born in Lakeshire of the Province of Redridge.
3. What is your date of birth? The present year of the Lotharian Calendar is 40 LC. April 30th, 10 LC.
4. Where do you currently live? I am currently residing in Lakeshire, Redridge.
5. What is your most recent occupation? Who have you worked for in the past? Most recently I have worked for the Graypine Logging Company of Elwynn and Redridge as a logger. Prior to that, I served in the local militia of western Redridge, leaving at the rank of corporal.
6. What skills do you have to offer? My previous knowledge of army affairs from my service as a corporal in the militia. Beyond this, I offer my physical strength and ability with a sword.
7. Are you physically fit to serve as a soldier? Do you have any ailments, injuries, or curses? I am healthy and able to carry out my duties as a soldier of Stormwind.
8. Do you have a criminal record? If so, please explain your crimes and any punishments you endured. My record is clean.
9. Who would you name as your next of kin should you perish on the battlefield? What is their relation to you? Where do they live? Marcus Lee Godwin, Father, Lakeshire.
10. Do you acknowledge that by enlisting in the Stormwind Army, you will be expected to swear fealty, service, and loyalty to the Kingdom of Stormwind and the House of Wrynn above all other nations and obligations? I do.
11. Do you acknowledge that by enlisting in the Stormwind Army, you will be expected to adopt our ethos, conduct, and way of life as a disciplined soldier? I do.
12. Do you acknowledge that by enlisting in the Stormwind Army, you may be sent to armed conflict in any part of Azeroth or beyond, with the associated risks and responsibilities involved? I do.
13. Do you acknowledge that by enlisting in the Stormwind Army, you may be asked to take lives in the act of protecting the Kingdom of Stormwind’s interests? I do.
14. Why do you wish to serve with the Stormwind Army? If you are not originally a subject of the kingdom, why do you wish to enlist to serve Stormwind over your homeland? I wish to defend the many provinces of Stormwind from strife both foreign and domestic.
15. In which Division do you wish to serve the Stormwind Army? I wish to serve in the Royal Infantry of Stormwind, and perhaps in time, I would like to draw up my legacy as a knight of the Brotherhood of the Horse.
OUT-OF-CHARACTER SECTION The following section is out of character; the rest of the application is meant for you, the player, to answer so that we can get an idea of who you are! Please fill out the following below as accurately as possible in complete sentences and in your own words.
1. Character name (must include alt codes if applicable), race, class and level: Mâthias, Human, Warrior, (currently) level 40
2. Where did you hear about the <The First Regiment> and why do you wish to join? The First Regiment was suggested to me by several people on Moon Guard upon mentioning an interest in Military-centric Heavy-RP Guilds.
3. How old are you? <The First Regiment> does not recruit players under the age of 17. I am 19.
4. Please give a brief summary of your role-playing experience. What, if any, role-playing guilds have you been part of? If you were a member of the regiment before, what were the circumstances of you leaving? I have been roleplaying on WoW for the past four years; before MG I roleplayed on Wrymrest Accord and more recently Bloodsail Buccaneer. Before I began playing WoW, I took part in local DnD groups.
5. Have you read the guild rules in full? If so, what is the guild’s policy on uniforms? Yes, uniforms must be worn for applicable IC events. If the appropriate uniform is not worn, then IC punishments may occur.
6. Have you read the service record page in full? If so, list five things that positively affect a person’s service record and five things that negatively affect a person’s service record. Earning commendations and awards or honours. Attending guild campaign events. Hosting guild events, as well as providing excellent event attendance. Positive outreach to other guilds. Violation of in-character rules leading to a court-martial, serious violations of out-of-character conduct. Poor event attendance, as well as repeated in-character violations of conduct. Flogging or detainment is also unsatisfactory.
7. Due to the premise of our guild, we often present our members with morally ambiguous situations in which morbid or gruesome imagery may be invoked. Your character may be ordered to kill other characters, creatures or animals. We however expressly forbid sexual violence in guild role-play. Do you acknowledge these disclaimers and expectations? I do.
8. If there is any information about your character you would like to give us out-of-character that you could not put into the in-character application, please put it here. Are there plotlines that your character is involved in that could involve the guild? Nothing to note. This is a character I brought over from Classic WoW, and I’m looking to further his story in modern WoW
Your application to Stormwind’s royal army has been approved and you are being assigned to the 7th Battalion’s 1st Company within the Elwynn Brigade’s 1st Regiment.
We invite you to visit our current station, where a commissioned officer will be made available to conduct a formal interview and further assess how you can be of service to the realm. If there are any difficulties in scheduling an appointment, please let us know.
Ever Forward, Never Back Alice Maria C. Knight-Captain, 1st Honor Company 7th Battalion, 1st Regiment, Elwynn Brigade
(Attached to the letter is an address for their interview. OOC, this is flexible!)
Hello, thanks so much for applying. Funnily enough, we moved our recruitment off from these forums around the time of January; I’ll have to make a pinned post emphasizing that for any visitors. I’m not going to ask you to go and re-do your application, though; what you’ve sent us here looks great!
Approved! Seek out an officer in-game to set up an In Character interview!
We have a new website! See all the latest up to date information about Recruitment and more on thefirstregiment.com !
Seek out an officer in-game! When applications are approved a list of everybody who can interview you will be listed along with their in-game names. Using /who and typing the guild name also works as well!
Hello. i was just wondering how i can contact someone for my in-character interview.