IN-CHARACTER SECTION The Stormwind Army Recruitment Application Please fill out the following below as accurately as possible in complete sentences and in your own words. If you are unable to reply with an answer, please give a brief explanation.
1. What is your full name? What is your race? My name is Arachile Goldspark, and I am a human.
2. Where were you born? I am unsure of where I was born, though I was raised by the goblins of Kezan until they were forced to leave due to the events of the Cataclysm.
3. What is your date of birth? The present year of the Lotharian Calendar is 40 LC. Again, I am unsure of the exact date of my birth, but I was found rather young, and can guess that I was born around the year 13 LC, give or take a year.
4. Where do you currently live? I currently make my home in Dalaran, where I spend most of my time learning about the world and the arcane arts.
5. What is your most recent occupation? Who have you worked for in the past? I am currently continuing my studies in Dalaran, and spend most of my spare time working with fabric, or brushing up on some light reading. I have previously lent my aid as a seamstress during the war against Garrosh to help supply the medics with enough bandages to take care of the wounded. In more recent history, I lent what skills I have to the Alliance after hearing about the burning of Teldrassil, either fighting against the Horde or tending the wounded if I was able.
6. What skills do you have to offer? I am practiced in the art of magic, of which I specialize in the school of frost. I am also a skilled seamstress, and have recently taken up the art of enchanting arms and armor.
7. Are you physically fit to serve as a soldier? Do you have any ailments, injuries, or curses? I have (mostly) recovered from what wounds I sustained during the recent attack on Orgrimmar, but am otherwise fit to fight, should the need arise.
8. Do you have a criminal record? If so, please explain your crimes and any punishments you endured. I have not committed, nor been accused of any crimes, and am sure that my record would state as such.
9. Who would you name as your next of kin should you perish on the battlefield? What is their relation to you? Where do they live? I do not have any next-of-kin that I would care to name.
10. Do you acknowledge that by enlisting in the Stormwind Army, you will be expected to swear fealty, service, and loyalty to the Kingdom of Stormwind and the House of Wrynn above all other nations and obligations? I acknowledge that I am pledging my loyalty to Stormwind and her allies, whosoever they may be.
11. Do you acknowledge that by enlisting in the Stormwind Army, you will be expected to adopt our ethos, conduct, and way of life as a disciplined soldier? I acknowledge that I will be taking on the life of a soldier, and will follow the code of conduct to the best of my abilities.
12. Do you acknowledge that by enlisting in the Stormwind Army, you may be sent to armed conflict in any part of Azeroth or beyond, with the associated risks and responsibilities involved? I acknowledge that I will be risking my life to defend the land from any threats that may arise.
13. Do you acknowledge that by enlisting in the Stormwind Army, you may be asked to take lives in the act of protecting the Kingdom of Stormwind’s interests? I acknowledge that I may be asked to do things that are not true to who I am, but will do so as long as there is still a kingdom to make sacrifices for. I also acknowledge that I may be held responsible for any actions I am asked to make, and will remain conscious of any and all consequences that may arise from them.
14. Why do you wish to serve with the Stormwind Army? If you are not originally a subject of the kingdom, why do you wish to enlist to serve Stormwind over your homeland? Stormwind and her allies have been good to me since I joined them, and I wish to repay the favor any way I can, even if it means putting my life on the line to help those in need.
15. In which Division do you wish to serve the Stormwind Army? I am not particularly choosy on where I am placed, so long as I am where I can make the most of my abilities.
OUT-OF-CHARACTER SECTION The following section is out of character; the rest of the application is meant for you, the player, to answer so that we can get an idea of who you are! Please fill out the following below as accurately as possible in complete sentences and in your own words.
1. Character name (must include alt codes if applicable), race, class and level: Arachile, 120 Human Mage.
2. Where did you hear about the <The First Regiment> and why do you wish to join? I heard about The First Regiment from one of my raider friends who has a character that they roleplay with in the guild (Melanie Witherseed). I had originally thought to apply with my night elf warrior that I had recently transferred, but they had advised against doing so. Instead, I chose this character, which, while I do not have as much experience role-playing her, I have fleshed out more of her personality and backstory.
3. How old are you? <The First Regiment> does not recruit players under the age of 17. I am 24 years old, born June 2nd, 1995.
4. Please give a brief summary of your role-playing experience. What, if any, role-playing guilds have you been part of? If you were a member of the regiment before, what were the circumstances of you leaving? Most of my experience role-playing with this character has been mostly limited to Stormwind. However, I have had experience roleplaying with another character over on Wyrmrest Accord, and with her, I was a member of <SentineI> for a few months, but I was removed due to inactivity. Afterwards, I stumbled upon a guild by the name of <Division Seven> and stayed with them for a few months as well, and while I eventually became the Night Elf racial leader of the guild, I stepped down due to the pressures of leadership, and eventually parted with them on good terms. Most of this experience was gained during my downtime in Warlords of Draenor, from a month or two before Blackrock Foundry released, until the Legion pre-patch.
5. Have you read the guild rules in full? If so, what is the guild’s policy on uniforms? While participating in guild events, members are to remain in-uniform. Failure to do so will result in in-character consequences, such as a mark on your Service Record.
6. Have you read the service record page in full? If so, list five things that positively affect a person’s service record, and five things that negatively affect a person’s service record. Positives: Consistent role-playing with members of the guild, attending events and having an excellent record of doing so, long-term membership, and participating in a good portion of guild role-playing campaigns. Negatives: Violation of in-character rules that results in a court martial, flogging/detainment, poor event attendance, and chronic rule violations, both in- and out-of-character.
7. Due to the premise of our guild, we often present ours members with morally ambiguous situations in which morbid or gruesome imagery may be invoked. Your character may be ordered to kill other characters, creatures or animals. We however expressly forbid sexual violence in guild role-play. Do you acknowledge these disclaimers and expectations? I hereby acknowledge that my character may be asked to do something that may be considered morally gray, and will do so while remaining aware of the consequences that may come of it down the line.
8. If there is any information about your character you would like to give us out-of-character that you could not put into the in-character application, please put it here. Are there plotlines that your character is involved in that could involve the guild? Arachile has an elemental companion bound to her staff that goes by the name of Typhus, though he will remain dismissed during guild events and 90% of most other roleplay. Any other information about Arachile I would rather have be discovered through roleplay with her.
#14299254 Jan 31, 2020 at 05:51 PM · Edited over 2 years ago
Your enlistment form has been approved and filed for assignment to the 7th Battalion’s 1st Company within the Elwynn Brigade’s 1st Regiment.
A commissioned officer will be available should you visit our current station and request an audience and formal interview to further assess how you can be of service for Stormwind’s royal army. If there are any difficulties with scheduling a punctual appointment for this process, please let us know.
Ever Forward, Never Back Alice Maria C. Knight-Captain, 1st Honor Company 7th Battalion, 1st Regiment, Elwynn Brigade
(Attached to the letter is an address for their interview. OOC, this is flexible!)
Hello! I think I remember seeing you idling by our recruitment line last night; it’s awesome that you’ve decided to apply!
The reason why Melanie advised against applying with your warrior, I should mention, is because TFR doesn’t currently recruit night elves. We only enlist humans, high elves, half-elves, dwarves, and gnomes. Regardless—Arachile seems like an interesting character with a unique background and I’m looking forward to seeing how she acclimates to a military role within our mage circle division.
Approved! Seek out an officer in-game to set up an In Character interview!
We have a new website! See all the latest up to date information about Recruitment and more on thefirstregiment.com !
Seek out an officer in-game! When applications are approved a list of everybody who can interview you will be listed along with their in-game names. Using /who and typing the guild name also works as well!
Hello. i was just wondering how i can contact someone for my in-character interview.